Pages

Tuesday 12 June 2018

Matariki Day recount

Walt: To structure a recount


Have you ever been split up into different classes? Well last friday every student from every class got put into different groups, the four groups were Cooking, Craft, Sports and Movie Making. The group I was in was craft.





Me and George where in the same group and we had to find room 18. When we got there I saw lots of people. Some of the people I saw there were Austin, who is in extension with me, Malakai who is one of my friends little brother and the other Caleb. After about 5 minutes we went in and saw Mrs Mackinlay and Mrs Wilson. I wondered what we were doing until Mrs Mackinlay told us that we were going to be doing weaving and coloring.





I was very excited and wondered what we were going to be doing first, I then went with half of the class to Mrs Wilson to do weaving. I helped Malakai with his weaving and I also did my own weaving, both of our weavings turned out great. Then we went to Mrs Mackinlay to color in paper flowers, which turned out great.





We had morning tea and lunchtime which was cool, because we got popcorn. We then cut out the paper flowers for a bit, then sadly we had to go to the hall. After we got to the hall, each group had to show what they had done. We were the first group to show everyone our work, so we got on the stage and I thought, What if they don’t like our work? But it turned out that they liked our art so I told everyone what we did and how exciting it was. Then all the other groups showed their creations and they were all very cool. After all the creations had been showed, Mr burt let us get up and go home.





I thought matariki day was awesome. We didn’t just have a day of no learning, but we also learnt about matariki and why it is important. Will you ever do Matariki? And if you do, what will you do?

THE END


Task Description 
In this activity I recount matariki day which happened last friday

No comments:

Post a Comment