Pages

Thursday 16 August 2018

Picking up rubbish recount

Walt: structure a recount

Today everyone in the class sat on the mat without their chromebooks. Even though my teacher Mr Goodwin said to us “we are going out of the school for us to write a recount”, me and most of the other kids were confused. What do you think we were doing?




It started with Mr Goodwin telling us to go outside and wait for him to get outside as well. We then walked to a door on another building, which wasn’t very far. He told us to wait for a minute and we waited, until he came out with black bags. At first I thought we were playing a game where you have to try and stand on the platform and the platform gets smaller and smaller but, as I said, they were actually black bags. We then walked all the way passed the classes, passed the fields and, finally, we got to the gate. I was feeling really cold even though I had a jumper, and the people without jumpers were even colder. We got into groups, and I knew my group was going to win. Finally, Mr Goodwin got out the keys, put the keys in the gate, and opened it.




The race was on and…. wait, I haven’t even said what each group was supposed to do. Every groups objective was to pick up as much rubbish as they could in a certain length of time, and after the timer, we would go to a new area. Every group race out to a certain area which wasn’t past the boundaries and found lots of rubbish, including me, which made me feel proud. Our group, which included, me, Zaeeda, Benjamin, Tha-zin and Marie, found lots of rubbish scattered everywhere, which made my heart pump even faster. After a while, Mr Goodwin blew the whistle and we all came running towards him, laughing like crazy. He brought us to the 2nd spot, which was only a bit farther back. The first spot had a bit of rubbish but not that much, the second spot had a little bit less than the first one but only a bit less, the third one was at our schools bottom field and it had heaps of rubbish and the fourth destination was at our top field, which was double our bottom fields size and had double the rubbish.




Finally, after going to different destinations, picking up heaps of rubbish, and having an amazing time with my friends, me and my group finally had to line up to show another teacher called Mrs Haare, our bags. First she checked one groups bag, then she checked the second groups bag, then our bag, then the next groups bag, then the next one. Finally, she said she new who won. I was really excited because I thought my group could win. “The winning group is…….. this group” Said Mrs Haare as she pointed to the group next to us. Mr Goodwin then told us that the group that won could have ten minutes of cool math games after we had started writing the story that your reading now, but I didn’t care that we lost, do you know why, because I had heaps of fun with my friends instead.




I never thought that picking up rubbish could be fun, but it was. I think that this experience was good not only because we got to help our school community with picking up rubbish, but also because it was really fun. I would definitely recommend this for others because they should help there community like we helped ours. I definitely think our class, our school, and other schools, should try do this because it will make a big difference.
Image Atribution
https://www.bytheoceanweunite.org/what-can-i-do/attachment/picking-up-plastic-litter/

Task Description
In this activity I writ e a recount about what I did the other day. Me and my class cleaned up outside and inside our school to help our environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment