Pages

Wednesday 24 October 2018

Blindfold

Walt: use correct sentences to help structure our writing

Have you ever been blindfolded and had to be navigated around by someone, not knowing where you are? Room 7 went out and had the time of their lives. Read on to learn about the adventure that we went on.

We started off by getting our shoes on and lining up outside. After about three minutes, our teacher (Mr Goodwin) came and we headed off to our school playground. After we got there, Mr Goodwin told us that we were going to be blindfolded, and then told us to get into a buddy and then sit down. My buddy was Loseti. After that, Mr Goodwin told us the instructions. The instructions were that one of us had to be blindfolded, and the other person had to guide them around the playground, but you couldn’t make them walk into things. After that, we were ready. I was really nervous.

Me and Loseti both decided that I should be blindfolded first, so when Mr Goodwin said go, I put the blindfold and headed towards the park, being navigated by Loseti. At first, I didn’t trust Loseti, but then I remembered Mr Goodwin's instructions, and so I trusted him. At first, I didn’t know where I was going, but after feeling some of the objects, and thinking of the park, I was able to sort of figure out some of the places I went to. At first it felt like he was just running around and around the park, but then he made me climb something, which made me know that I was on one of the climbing obstacles. After going round the park, climbing up and down some obstacles a bit more, it was time to swap over.
After Loseti got the blindfold on, I made him run around the park, just like I thought he did to me. That took about one minute of our time. Next, I made him climb one of the climbing obstacles, and he almost fell down. I then made him climb up and down the other climbing obstacle. I made him climb across the monkey bars, walk around a bit, and then Mr Goodwin told us it was time up.
When Mr Goodwin first told us that we were playing with blindfolds, I became more nervous than when I climbed up the sky tower. But, after actually doing the experience, I wasn’t scared anymore. I think that this was a really fun experience and definitely recommend it too others.
Task Description
Yesterday, me and my class did an exciting activity. We went to the park and did a fun game, and then came back and had to do a recount on it. Read the story to learn more.

No comments:

Post a Comment