Pages

Monday 10 June 2019

Food War 5: No Chance

Apolo awoke with a start. From what he could hear, someone was shouting his name. He opened his eyes. “Hey, Apple, Apple!”. A Broccoli was shouting a him.”W-what” Muttered Apolo, who at the moment, was trapped, along with all the other fruits……. Except Airin. He wondered, for a second, were Airin could be. Perhaps, he really was dead, but he didn’t think that was true. Or did he? He didn’t have much more time to think about it, before a guard released him from his chains. He fell to the ground, and was shocked. Was this some sort of way to betray Cortus, who was their leader? After he got up, ready to run for it, he felt someone grab him, and put handcuffs on him. His excitement, turned swiftly to disappointment. Of course, this wasn’t a betrayal, they were just moving everyone to another position. Now tired and disappointed, he followed the guard slowly, of the table, and into the unknown……..


Airin, who was the only fruit who was not caught by Cortus, was sitting in a waiting room. He could not help feeling like the whole world depended on him to survive. Of course, he didn’t know his friends had been caught. But he just had the feeling that they were suffering badly. That is what caused him to feel so sick recently. He had been in that room for a week, and he felt like he would throw up every time he moved. At that very moment. Airin heard a door open, and saw two lollipops come in. “Come on fruit, your going to start your fight in two days. Carton says you need to train up so you can fight his chosen champions” One of them said. So, slowly and Miserably, he followed the guards to a room.


When Apolo and the other fruits finally stopped, Apolo opened his Eyes. In front of him, there was a huge stage, with what looked like the whole army of vegetables. Apolo didn’t know what would happen to him, until he looked down. In the middle of the stage, there was a big wheel, with chains at each end of the wheel. He thought he knew what it was. But he didn’t tell anyone in case anyone passed out. Apolo thought it was a torture wheel. He wished desperately that Airin was still out there, but even if he was, there was almost no hope….


Airin had sat on the floor for the last 5 minutes, and had said nothing. He sat there, thinking how he could win this, until something distracted him from that thought. “Oy, hey there, excuse me, fruit”. Airin looked up, and saw someone. From what Airin saw, the figure looked like a big rock. “What are you!?” Said Airin, but instantly thought he sounded rude. “Oh, allow me to introduce myself, my name is Drig, and these are my friends Xas, Findal, Grobper, Andav, and Quanc, and..” “Nice to meet you Drig and your friends, but what are you?” Said Airin. “Oh, well, i’m a rock obviously” Airin was puzzled. “How can you be a rock? I thought only food can be alive.” “Oh well, I have food stuck inside me, so, it just joined arms to me, and that is how I came to be”. “How did you get captured?” Asked Airin. “Well, when I woke up, I went inside, and I met these guys and another guy, and we decided to be friends. While we were travelling, these idiots captured us. The other guy Gorge tried to fight them and was slaughtered, so we let them take us, and we’ve been here since then. Wait, who are you, and what are you doing here?” Airin paused, and then said “Oh, sorry, my name is Airin, and I got captured by the vegetables trying to help the fruits and beat the vegetables, and I was on a secret mission. I was with 3 others, but they died, so now I have to fight this champion so I can escape and defeat the vegetables. I also need some training.” Well why didn’t you just ask us?” Said Drig. “Well, I, I….”. Airin didn’t know what to say. “Alright, fine, but you have to try hard, ok?” “Sure. Plus, how hard could it be?”.

No comments:

Post a Comment